Why Do This Online Course?
State Government Agencies can play a crucial role in fostering a place-based approach. They need to be aware of the ways that they could enable or constrain placemaking actions by local governments, local businesses and community groups.
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the broad overview of the way cities and urban areas work
- Think like a placemaker
- Discover the ideas and insights from placemaking professionals with years of experience
- See some examples of how State Governments have been involved in placemaking programs
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the roles can State Government departments and agencies can play in creating great places
- Communicate the opportunities and benefits of placemaking at a State Government level
Utilise the Top 10 Tips for Placemaking in State Governments in your work
Most students will take around 7 hours to complete the course, but there are additional readings should you wish to extend your learning.
Learn at your own pace, when you want, where you want!
What you will learn
Learn what placemaking is and is not
Collaboration and relationships
Fostering a positive, 'yes' culture
Focusing on the whole (the place) rather than the parts (the detailed elements)
Why working with places can be more effective in the short, medium and long-term
Common challenges and how you might solve them
How to begin a place-based approach at the State Government level
The skills you need to know to help you be successful
Learn from some of the
This course features ideas and insights from some of the leaders of the placemaking movement in Australasia:
• Ethan Kent - PlacemakingX
- David Engwicht - Creative Communities International
• Joanne Taylor - Place Leaders Asia Pacific
• Brooke Williams - Fourfold Studio
- Gilbert Rochecouste - Village Well
• Mike Fisher - Activation Manager
• Dean Cracknell at Town Team Movement
They collectively have decades of experiences in placemaking and working with local governments to achieve results.
We think that you will enjoy and benefit from completing this course.
If you are not satisfied with it within 30 days from date of purchase, we will refund the purchase price.
"This course did well in emphasising a permissions based, people led approach. That's where I think I got the most benefit from the course."
Get the price in your currency
The price for this course is listed in Australian dollars. You can convert the price into your currency by using the currency converter tool below.
Purchase courses for multiple students
in one transaction
If you would prefer to purchase access for multiple students in one transaction and/or pay via tax invoice, please email your request to [email protected] and we can arrange this.
Email [email protected]