Why Do This Online Course?
This course will enable you to:
- Think like a placemaker
- See the opportunities for placemaking that are all around you
- Learn the placemaking mindset and key concepts used
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Communicate like a placemaker
- Get into the enabling mindset and achieve better results
- Confidently lead a placemaking project
Most students will take around 2 hours to complete the course, but there are additional readings should you wish to extend your learning.
Learn at your own pace, when you want, where you want!
Rated as 9 out of 10 by course participants
What you will learn
What placemaking is and is not
Why placemaking is so important – now more than ever!
Key concepts that help to create great places
How placemaking builds social capital, activates town centres and stimulates economic development
How to get wins with a small budget
Common challenges and how you might solve them
How to set up and manage a placemaking process
Real examples and inspiring ideas
Learn from some of the
This course features ideas and insights from some of the leaders of the placemaking movement in Australasia:
• David Engwicht - Creative Communities International
• Joanne Taylor - Place Leaders Asia Pacific
- Gilbert Rochecouste - Village Well
• Mike Fisher - Activation Manager
• David Snyder and Dean Cracknell at Town Team Movement
They collectively have decades of experiences in placemaking. The 4 lessons in this condensed course will help you to learn faster and start making it happen!
We think that you will enjoy and benefit from completing this course.
If you are not satisfied with it within 30 days from date of purchase, we will refund the purchase price.
Get the price in your currency
The price for this course is listed in Australian dollars. You can convert the price into your currency by using the currency converter tool below.
Purchase courses for multiple students
in one transaction
If you would prefer to purchase access for multiple students in one transaction and/or pay via tax invoice, please email your request to [email protected] and we can arrange this.
Email [email protected]
- Overview of this course and Learning Guide (3:45)
- Lesson 1 - What is placemaking? (0:30)
- Lesson 2 - Why is placemaking important? (4:55)
- Lesson 3 - The placemaking mindset and key concepts (2:53)
- Lesson 4 - What are some important skills required in placemaking? (20:42)
- What's next?
- Acknowledgements and Additional Reading (3:11)